Current position as Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) - Maximizing opportunities for everyone who wants to change their life through education.
Highly accomplished, results-focused and international senior business executive with track record of topline impact through opportunity detention and problem solving implementation. Leading teams in challenging business climates and delivering high caliber results across different functions of the organization. Exceptional skills, internal and external customer service, business development and digital marketing, negotiations, planning and detail oriented.
Chief Marketing Officer Mexico City 2015
1. Executive marketing director developing the buyer persona journey and experience for the entire funnel in digital and traditional.
2. Migration from traditional sales process to digital, from presence education to online and hybrid education.
3. Fastest growing educational group with 8 brands challenging the way educational business should evolve.
4. Reached the cheapest cost per lead in the industry by optimizing AdWords, SEO, rebuilding web pages and automation tools implemented to follow each persona with the right content.
5. Creation of an inbound strategy with Omni channel approach to maximize the content and context of consumers.
6. Responsible for marketing strategy, demand generation, pricing setting and revenue management as well as all financial indicators. Review and design of marketing and sales process to address a new operating model.
7. Development of a new educational business model for Aliat to differentiate value proposition from competitors.
Tec de Monterrey
Marketing Director Monterrey 2014
1. Responsible for re-building the brand image, positioning and content generation for all University components.
2. Creation of a content factory and negotiation with grupo expansion-CNN to generate the communication platform.
3. Create an organizational structure to leverage the new brand communication strategy amongst all schools, sorteos and hospitals.
4. Content development for attraction, digital, institutional communication, brand experience and academic events.
5. Brand architecture, guidelines, image and usage rules to guarantee consistency internally and externally.
6. Re-define and develop marketing processes and organizational structure for the communication platform (25% less marketing structure around 200 people)
British American Tobacco
Company Transformation Lead Monterrey 2013
1. A senior executive managing a team of 85 people from Operations, Marketing, Finance, HR and IT to assess, validate, adapt and adopt a new global operating model and integration system (SAP).
2. Selected within the organization to lead the most important project to create a new global operating model.
3. Most successful and complex deployment amongst 100 markets, with exceptional results in time and manner.
Head of Regulatory and Corporate Affairs Mexico 2011
1. Successfully developed a strategic engagement priority plan for Mexico with Global and Regional alignment.
2. Achieved for three consecutive years having Mexico without new regulation against the business. Only country in the world to achieve this so far.
3. Proactively led an international engagement plan against tobacco, by unifying Tobacco producers in Latin America.
4. Proposed and drove the development of corporate business monitoring system to track legislators and associations, to go beyond people personal knowledge and connections.
5. External media management and training to board members to guarantee unified message and positions.
6. Anti-Illicit engagement plan working with authorities to reduce from 18% of illegal brands to 11% within a year.
7. Company taxation strategy and engage with Authorities to implement a sustainability business model. (two-tiers)
8. Implementation and communication of social responsibility industry programs.
RAMON MURGUIA WORKED FOR BAT AND LIVED IN LONDON FOR 2 YEARS AS SR MARKETING INTERNATIONAL MANAGER AND TOKYO FOR 3 YEARS. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE IN COCA-COLA COMPANY.
THE REVIEW OF MY FULL CREDENTIALS IN THE DOWNLOAD VERSION
Master in Business Administration - Kellogg School of Management
Industrial and System Engineer - ITESM
Digital Leadership Program - UC Berkley
Marketing Diploma - ITESM
Digital Marketing Diploma - Instituto e-marketing
Brand management, Strategy, Digital Marketing, SEO design, SEM, Pricing, Sales and Marketing, Public Relationships, Digital and Traditional Media, P&L Management, Market Analysis, Facebook, Google Analytics, Adwords, Marketing Planning, Communication, Process management, data analysis, Segmentation, Buyer Personas, Research, Distribution, Budget Management.
Academic Marketing Professor - Universidad Panamericana - Campus Mexico
Academic Business Professor - Tec de Monterrey - Campus Monterrey
Global Northwestern Alumni Representative - Mexico
Communication Committee - American School Foundation Mexico